Well, with my bonus from work, I invested in some "kit", including some of the delica palette boxes from Spellbound Beads. I'd had an idea for this necklace jotted down in my notebook for a while, and I'd made the lampwork bead a while back too. I wrapped the bead in copper wire and finally decidede to use it! I designed the whole necklace from start to finish, and I made a note of how I did it, as I have another focal in lovely meditteranean colours that I want to use in a similar necklace!
By the end of day 2, this is how it was shaping up:
You can just about see the original idea scribbled on the page!
And after three days solid, here is the finished article:
I'm rather pleased with how it turned out, and I already know how I'm going to evolve the design with other added "elements". Watch this space!